You are now able to Apply for Free School Meals online
If your child is in Reception, years one or two, you will automatically be entitled for free meals under the new ‘Universal Infant Free School Meals’ criteria. However if you do meet the criteria listed below then you will need to submit an online claim in order for your child’s school to receive Pupil Premium funding.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (you must have less than £616.67 a month net earned income (after tax – and not including any benefits)
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
You can contact the free school meals team: